“Women Mean Business”
Date: Spring 2022
Female business executives are invited to virtually participate in a speaker panel. Speakers will share their professional challenges, memorable triumphs and how they overcame common obstacles faced by female executives. Those who RSVP for the event will be asked to provide question(s) for the speakers so that the speakers may prepare a response in advance. Attendees may have an opportunity to have the question that they submit to be answered by the speaker(s).
Susan A. Maraghy, Lockheed Martin Global Business Development
Ruth Ann Becker, CEO of Becker Communications Inc.
Trini Abaya Wright, VP Business Banker at American Savings Bank.
Read more about the speakers below.
A formal RSVP form will be available once the event date is set.
Susan A. Maraghy
Lockheed Martin Global Business Development
Enterprise Integration Lead
As a direct report to the Senior Vice President of Lockheed Martin Global Business Development, (GBD) Ms. Maraghy sits on the GBD Leadership team and provides direct insight to cross-Business Area/Corporate Function international activity to the SVP to track our collaboration for international growth. The objectives are to ensure that GBD works effectively across the enterprise to include all Business Areas and Corporate functions, identifying opportunities for process, relationship and operating improvements to drive a “One LM Operating Approach”.
- Operational: Optimize Organizational Performance – Develop and deploy the OneLM International Operating Model across 11 countries and four regions
- Strategic: Enterprise Integration to Achieve Business Results – Shape LM’s new business pursuits that supports corporate and BA goals; Identify and support international strategic campaigns in targeted countries and segments
- Financial: Supports Business Areas’ LRP achievement (Orders, Sales, EBIT and Cash): Revenue Target of 40% International
Prior to re-joining Lockheed Martin Global Business Development, Ms. Maraghy was the International Air and Missile Defense Business Development Director for Lockheed Martin’s Missiles and Fire Control Business Area. This position had responsibility for business development for foreign military sales (FMS) and developing and implementing new business strategies for direct commercial sales (DCS).
During Ms. Maraghy’s prior tenure at Lockheed Martin International, she was the Corporate Executive responsible for the Corporation’s strategies for all DCS campaigns. This ranged from platforms, products and solutions to include Aircraft, Information Technology, Homeland Security, C4ISR, Training, Transformational Logistics, Healthcare, Cyber and Commercial Aviation Solutions and Services. Ms. Maraghy collaborated across Lockheed Martin by focusing on market assessments, strategic business development, public policy and industrial cooperation. During this timeframe, she was also instrumental in supporting the analysis and integration of Lockheed Martin’s acquisition of Sikorsky Aircraft.
Ms. Maraghy has also served as the Vice President, International Civil Programs and South Asia for Lockheed Martin. This position had responsibility for the corporate business development in the region that covers Australia, ASEAN nations, India and New Zealand. This included developing and implementing strategies for U. S. Government advocacy, international defense trade, technology transfer, and Congressional notifications of pending military sales. She has also been responsible for Corporate Industrial Participation developing the structure and tracking the fulfillment of complex offset programs, Ms. Maraghy worked to improve favorable industrial participation policy and risk mitigation strategies.
Prior to joining Corporate International Business Development in December 2006, Ms. Maraghy was the Vice President, Homeland Security, IT and Civil Programs for Lockheed Martin Washington Operations. In this position, she had the overall responsibility for management of relationships with Congress and Executive Branch officials, as well as industry executives and public officials of state governments.
Ms. Maraghy has attended the University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School and is a graduate of the University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, Connecticut where she received a Bachelor of Science in International Business. Her undergraduate education included studies at the Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain.
Ruth Ann Becker
Founder, Chair & CEO of Becker Communications, Inc.
As its founder, chair & CEO, Ruth Ann sets the vision and direction for Becker Communications, Inc., a 36 year-old public relations, digital communications and marketing firm that is ranked as one of Hawaii’s top-three p.r. firms. She is considered one of the state’s leading consultants on strategic marketing, corporate communications, and issues and crisis management. She is frequently a speaker on her chosen industry, on crisis communications in particular, on entrepreneurship and how to start and build a successful business, and on women as leaders in business.
In addition to numerous awards for her client work, Ruth Ann has been awarded the Public Relations Society of America President’s Leadership Award for Hawaii; was named one of “Hawai‘i’s Enterprising Women” by the U.S. Business Administration, “Small Business Member Of The Year” by the Chamber of Commerce of Hawai‘i, and has been named numerous times as one of Hawaii’s top 20 “Women Who Mean Business” by Pacific Business News.
Ruth Ann is currently a resident of Dallas, TX, and is an active member of that community and in Honolulu, as demonstrated by her track record:
- Chaminade University board of regents (chair, development committee; member, executive committee)
- Dallas 200 (chair, membership committee; member board of directors)
- Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii (past chair, economic development & innovation committee)
- Metrocrest Services (marketing/development committee)
- Pacific Club, member
- Park City Club Dallas, member
- past USS Missouri Memorial Association board of directors (vice-chair; chair, strategic initiatives committee; member, executive committee)
- past Sutter Health Kahi Mohala board of directors (member, philanthropy committee)
- past member, Catholic Charities Dallas (marketing committee)
- past member, Catholic Charities of Hawaii board of directors (past chair, development & marketing committee; member, presidential selection committee)
- past member, Honolulu Symphony Foundation board of trustees
- past president & director, Outrigger Duke Kahanamoku Foundation
- past chair & director, Big Brothers Big Sisters Honolulu
- past president & director, Australian-American Chamber of Commerce
- past vice president & director, Alzheimer’s Association – Aloha chapter
- past trustee, Historic Hawaii Foundation
- past member, Hawaii State Art Museum
- past member, board of directors, Na Koa Football Club (marketing committee)
- past member, board of directors, Hawaiian Humane Society
- past member, board of directors, Pacific & Asian Affairs Council
Prior to founding BCI in January 1986, Ruth Ann established and led the Honolulu office for Los Angeles-based Mahoney Wasserman & Associates, handling the accounts for Arnold Palmer Golf Management Co. Hilton Hotels Hawai‘i and Kuilima Development Company. She was previously appointed the first regional public relations director for Hyatt Hotels Hawai‘i.
She also has magazine experience, having acted as publisher of “In Paradise,” the inflight magazine of Hawaiian Airlines; managing editor of Hawaii Business Magazine, and editor of Glimpses of Micronesia Magazine.
Ruth Ann was born in Texas and is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma. After 36 years in Honolulu, Hawaii, she is now a resident of Dallas, Texas.
Trini Abaya Wright, Vice President Business Banker at American Savings Bank.
Trini is passionate about working with small businesses owners and enjoys providing knowledgeable counsel on their financial and banking needs. Her accolades include the Small Business Administration (SBA) recognition as a top producing lending officer, as well as the SBA District Director’s Award for her efforts in partnering with the SBA and training small business and veteran owned businesses. She brings more than 25 years of financial services experience to the job and is Green Belt Certified in Quality Improvement and Process Management. Trini enjoys travel, hula and reading crime fiction novels.