Are you a working woman seeking to enhance and improve your career? Are you a graduate student or academic looking to share your research with colleagues at conferences?
If the high cost of conferences, seminars, training, and certifications are holding you back from advancing in your field, apply for an AAUW Honolulu Career and Leadership Development Grant!
We offer multiple grants (up to $4,000 each) each application cycle. Awardees will have up to one year to spend their grant award.
Grant funds can be used for:
- Pursuing career-related designations, licensing, and the like
- Trade certifications and licensing
- Conference registration fees
- Airfare and related transportation costs
- Hotel/accommodation costs
- Per diem
Grant funds cannot be used for standardized admissions tests (e.g., MCAT, LSAT, GRE), research/data collection, or tuition for coursework toward a graduate degree. See our FAQ page for more.
Who is eligible to apply?
Women who are currently living and/or working and/or studying in the State of Hawai‘i. If you are currently attending a Hawai‘i-based university online but are living on the US mainland due to COVID, you are still eligible to apply. You do not need to be an AAUW member to apply.
AAUW has a Hawaii State Chapter that leads the local branches in each county. Find out more about the Hawaii State Chapter at https://aauw-hi.aauw.net. There is a Branches webpage at https://aauw-hi.aauw.net/
What’s the application deadline?
All application materials must be received by end of day (11:59pm HST) on October 15 or April 15. Applications can be submitted up to 9 months prior to the proposed activity.
How will applications be evaluated?
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- The proposed activity’s ability to further the applicant’s career goals
- The applicant’s preparedness to pursue the proposed activity
- If and how the proposed activity will allow the application to make a positive impact on their community (however “community” is defined by the applicant)
- Any extenuating circumstances that applicants would like considered
What does a complete application include?
- An application form
- A copy of your resume or CV
- An itemized budget detailing estimated activity cost
All documents should be submitted as PDFs.
Please note that those selected to receive grants will be required to show proof that they have been accepted into any corresponding conferences, programs, etc., prior to any monetary reimbursements.
The Career and Leadership Development Grant is closed for the year. Please check back in March 2022 for the next cycle.