This part-time position (up to 20 hours per week) will work with the UH-Manoa Office of Civic and Community Engagement. It is perfect for a self-motivated UH-Manoa student who can work independently on a number of projects at one time. Compensation will be $13 to $15 per hour depending on the qualifications of selected candidate.
The student would report to Atina Pascua, the director of the Office of Civic and Community Engagement, and the internship is a trial position to grow students’ involvement with AAUW Honolulu. The intern will assist with programs such as Start Smart and the Scholarship Committee. If this trial is successful, AAUW would expand the student internship to other schools such as HPU, KCC in addition to UH-Manoa.
Additional responsibities include:
- Promote and assist with Start Smart workshops conducted at UH Manoa.
- Assist the scholarship committee with NCCWSL (application setup, promotion, registration, etc) and additional administrative and outreach tasks.
- Recruit, organize and support AAUW campus ambassadors to increase engagement in AAUW programs and leadership opportunities.
- Assist with creating a AAUW Student Organization or RIO (Registered Independent Organization) for students at UH-Manoa and attend student development meetings for the RIO (if necessary); an AAUW student organization/RIO will increase student engagement with AAUW’s issues and mission.
- Liaise and develop partnerships with AAUW Honolulu and UH-Manoa’s departments.
- Assist in outreach to the UH-Manoa campus, including student involvement fairs, campus center tabling, advertising opportunities and events representing AAUW.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter addressing why you are a good candidate for this position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org the supervisor: Atina Pascua, Director of Civic and Community Engagement at UH Manoa by August 15th at 4 pm. Questions regarding this position can be emailed to Anita Pascua or phoned 808-956-9257.