AAUW Honolulu is co-sponsoring Across the Line, a seven minute virtual reality movie. The VR movie lets the viewer experience what it’s like to be in the shoes of
a patient entering a health center for a safe and legal abortion.
After the short film, the audience will be able to talk to legislators and community advocates about barriers to health care access and strategies to ensure that all women have access to the health care they need and deserve.
Across the Line has been shown at:
• Sundance Film Festival
• South By Southwest Film & Interactive Festival
• Tribeca Film Festival
• Cleveland International Film Festival
• International Documentary Film Festival
• Women Deliver Conference
• National Abortion Federation Conference
• Planned Parenthood Af liate events across the country
• Netroots Nation 2016
• Media Impact Funders Award
Attendees are asked to bring an Android-powered smartphone (or be prepared to share, or who can share an Android-powered smartphone) and a brown bag lunch.
WHEN: November 18th, 2016 | 11:30-1:00pm
WHERE: Hawai’i State Capitol Building, Room 423
RSVP: Morgen Trube | firstname.lastname@example.org